Your home's most uninspected area...
If your home has a crawl space, chances are it’s been a long time since you’ve spent very much time down there! However, this area in your home is the location of more conducive conditions than any other area of the home.
There are many things that can go wrong in a crawlspace and continue unabated for years if not inspected regularly. Moisture from plumbing or structural leaks, access points for pests that lead to access in the main living area, spider nesting harborage, heat, humidity and energy loss from disconnected air duct vents, wood to earth contact that attracts termites and carpenter ants, rodent nesting and feces with all the bacteria that they bring. Not only can all these issues be problematic for the health of the home but because the air in the crawlspace comes into the main living space, they can also cause problems for those that inhabit the home.
The experts at Harvest Valley Pest Control will provide a 30 point Healthy Home Pest Inspection report that will include an in-depth analysis of the health of your crawl space. Even for the crawl spaces that need a full make-over we have the expertise to take care of your needs. Our crawl space repair include the following steps:
- Preparing the home to stay clean during the restoration
- Removing contaminated subfloor insulation
- Removing the contaminated vapor barrier
- Vacuuming and removing any rodent feces
- Disposing of any hazardous material
- Decontaminating the entire crawlspace
- Sealing entry points and insuring duct work is intact
- Installing a fresh, 6 mil vapor barrier
- Installing new subfloor insulation
- Sanitizing and sealing all open or damaged air ducts
- Ensuring the home is clean before leaving